OK - I wanted to post some journal entries I had elsewhere so I can keep everything here now...
April 16 –
I thought I would try to start up a journal since our new little one will be coming soon. I know that the second often gets less attention (as far as pictures, keepsakes, etc) so I thought if I had a journal to type in I might keep up with it better.
Little Jake is due on April 26 -- only 10 days. I am already 2-3 cm dialated and 60% effaced as of Thursday. We are ready for him....I think Madison is so excited about meeting her little brother. She has been helping set up all of his things in his room and is always taking about all the things she is going to do for him and teach him. I know the excitment will probably not last once she realizes it is a real baby that has come to live with us, but I hope it is a short and easy transition for her. She is such a mommy with her baby dolls.
Part of me is so ready for him to get her (I think that is the pregnant me) and part of me is scared about him getting here (I think that is the part of me that remembers how hard those first few months were). I hope I am a more laid back mom the second time around.
April 17 –
It got some energy today and it motivated me to get moving cleaning the house so it won't be a wreck for whoever comes over to watch Madison while we are in the hospital. I cleaned for about 2-3 hours. It feels so good to have that out of the way!
April 18 –
Still waiting for Jake....Sam and Madison both have colds. I hate to see them both sick. Hopefully everyone will be feeling much better before Jake arrives.I have been very busy at work trying to tie everything up. It is stressful not knowing if I will be there the next day. I feel like I have to always have everything finished and in order, which is pretty impossible. Oh well, you can only do what you can do
April 19 –
I had some contractions at lunch today, but nothing regular yet. I can't believe it, but I was actually thinking "don't come now, Jake, I need to get through my two afternoon meetings". Pretty crazy!
Maddie still has a little cold, but I think she is starting to get better.
OK Jake - We're ready for you. Time to get here!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Joani, Sam, Maddie and Jake, I don't know how to use this site yet, but Bail just sent it to me today. Sounds like you are almost there. I know Mary would just die if you had it this weekend with her being gone, and Jon would probably still be at prom and not a worry. Maddie will be a great big sister! I would always forget something while changing or bathing Andrew, and Alyssa just loved to be the helper. We are all so excited for you!
Love, Sharon and the whole Jeffers' clan
Hi Sharon! It is good to hear from you. I hope you all are doing well. We really need to plan another family reunion. I miss you guys! Love ya!
having trouble with this, but I will try again. April 23rd is a great day to have Jake! Also, it isn't so much the second child who gets less attention, it is the fourth, just ask Kristy.
23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23
Love you guys,
Sharon
The 23rd sounds like a great date! If Jake turns out as good as Kristy (or any of your kids) I will be very happy:) You guys are great parents!!
Post a Comment