It seems like there is a lot of bad news starting out 2011. I am praying hard for several families going through really tough times.
- Luke Akerstrom is a boy that was in Jake's pre-K 4 class. His mother also taught Jake at the playschool when he was 3. Luke is in the hospital and is very ill. He is getting ready to undergo some tough treatments. The faith and love his family is showing is such an inspiration. We are praying hard for Luke and the Akerstrom's.
- A lady named Joanne (38 years old with 2 small children) that posts on Beth Moore's blog had a stroke and is still in a comma. She has a website that the family is using for updates... http://www.thesimplewife.typepad.com/. The swelling in her brain continues and they are not sure about her recovery. The prayers for and from that family are inspirational as well.
- My sister's very good friend, Tommy, just lost his mother unexpectedly. It was a very freak accident and they are all heartbroken.
- Many people we know are still desperately seeking employment. The economy is so horrible and many are suffering.
So much bad news, but also so much to be thankful for. I feel blessed beyond words. I continue to lift up prayers for those who are suffering. I ran across a verse in my Bible study homework that I love and pray for those in pain..."for the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9

No comments:
Post a Comment